The great source of nutrients of Rías Galegas characterizes nutritional properties of Mussel from Galicia:
-It’s a food low in fat and high in protein, with proteins containing high nutritional value.
-100 Grams of meat Mussel from Galicia treasure high in Omega 3.
-It’s a natural source of vitamins (B12, riboflavin- B2-folacin-B9)
-It’s natural source of minerals (iron, phosphorus, selenium, iodine, potassium and zinc).
With only consume 100 grams of meat, 100% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin B12 and selenium is covered.
Source: Spanish Database of Food Composition (BEDCA) – Spanish Agency for Food Safety and Nutrition (AESAN)
It is a highly recommended natural food, especially for children, since due to its high protein content and significant amounts of phosphorus incorporated into the diet contributes to normal growth and development of your bones. In addition, iron containing contributes to normal cognitive development of children.
As a source of zinc, Mussel from Galicia consumption also contributes to fertility and normal reproduction, and as it contains significant amounts of vitamin B9 during pregnancy contributes to the growth of maternal tissues.
Iron and vitamins contained in Mussel from Galicia help reduce tiredness and fatigue.
The amounts of vitamin B12 that characterize protect cells against oxidative damage.
In general, vitamins and minerals which presents Mussel from Galicia contribute:
– The normal functioning of the immune and nervous system cell membranes.
– The maintenance of bones, teeth, hair, skin and vision, under normal conditions, and preserve muscle.
– Cognitive and psychological function normal.
– The normal metabolism of macronutrients, fatty acids, carbohydrates, homocysteine and vitamin A; and also to the normal amino acid synthesis.
– And normal formation of red blood cells and overall blood cell and hemoglobin.
In short, Mussel from Galicia is an natural, healthy and nutritious food ideal for a varied and balanced diet, so it is fully compatible with a healthy way of life, that we all desire. We hope you enjoy it!